Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Knight in Shining Armor

A while back, there was a big game for The Boy's college team.  My roommates had just given their dogs bones to keep them occupied.  I walked by one of the dogs, asked him (like he was going to answer me) what he had as I pointed at it with my toe.  Turns out, he did answer me... by grabbing my foot in his mouth and clamping his Husky teeth into my skin.

Luckily, I'd just put my shoes on, so the damage to my body was minimal.  My hundred dollar running shoes, however, now sport a big hole in the toe.  I called Will hysterical (much more scared than actually hurt), and he rushed into the house when he got here.  He calmed me down asI bandaged my toe, letting me know it was ok.  

After we got back from the game (which they incientally lost), he held onto me in the living room, "protecting me" from the dogs as I was still shaken up from what happened earlier.  

I'm sure I overreacted, but it was really nice to know that he'll protect me even from the little things that try to hurt me.

No comments: